Psalm 107:8 – Let them give thanks to the Lord for His faithful love and His wonderful works for all humanity. (HCSB)
In honor of Thanksgiving Day my friends have issued the challenge to list 15 thankful thoughts. Even though I try not to limit my thanks, I will accept the challenge and attempt to create a manageable list.
- I am thankful for God’s love; thankful that He is merciful and forgiving; thankful that He sacrificed His son for me; thankful that He listens to my prayers and to the prayers others pray for my benefit.
- I am thankful for my husband and our 40+ years of marriage; thankful for the way he loves God, his family, and others.
- I am thankful for our son who shows his love for God and his family every day. I am so proud to be his mom! I am thankful for our daughter that he brought us by marriage.
- I am thankful for our two amazing grandchildren. They are both smart, funny, talented, and cute as can be! I love them both a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck.
- I am thankful for my extended family. They are a little fudgy – sweet, lots of nuts, and sometimes give me a stomach ache but they are mine and I love them.
- I am thankful for my two grandmothers. They both showed such strength and daily lived out the love of God. I understand things as an adult that I took for granted as a child and appreciate more every day the sacrifices they made.
- I am thankful for friends. Even though I can’t see them as much as I’d like, I know they are always there. I am thankful for social media sites that allow me to have “old” friends back in my life again.
- That clever, witty, and thought provoking Anonymous once said “A grateful heart is one that finds the countless blessings of God in the seemingly mundane everyday life.” I am thankful that I live a safe and seemingly mundane life.
- I am thankful for people who have a working knowledge of contractions. “You’re” and “your” are NOT interchangeable!
- I am thankful for people who understand the humor in sarcasm. By the way, number 9 is not sarcasm. Seriously, people, contractions are not that difficult.
- I am thankful for my church and the relationships being built in my small group. I feel privileged to be a part of such a great family of believers.
- I am thankful that I have the means to go to the grocery store. I shop sales, use coupons, and may skip something on my list, but my family never skips a meal or goes to bed hungry.
- I am thankful I have a house that is warm in winter, cool in summer. I wish it was not such an avid collector of dust bunnies, but it is a nice house and I am thankful for it. I would be extremely thankful if it were located at the beach!
- I am thankful for ocean waves and mountain ranges; sunrises and sunsets, vivid colors and changing colors. I am thankful for the beauty God gave us to enjoy in the world He created.
- Joseph B. Wirthlin summed it all up with, “I give thanks to my Creator for this wonderful life where each of us has the opportunity to learn lessons we could not fully comprehend by any other means.” Thank You, Lord, for this wonderful life.